SocialPro is an optional paid add-on for lists that gathers publicly available social data about your subscribers allowing you to learn about them, find out who's the most connected, and who your most loyal fans are. This information can be used to send targeted emails to subscribers based on their age, gender, or which social networks they're on. SocialPro is available for monthly or pay as you go accounts and can be added to one or multiple lists in your account.
- SocialPro pricing and billing
- Purchase and set up SocialPro
- View SocialPro data
- Troubleshoot SocialPro
- Disconnect SocialPro
SocialPro pricing and billing
Pricing for SocialPro is 10% of the the monthly cost of each list it's enabled for, whether you're on a pay as you go plan or a monthly plan. SocialPro is not available for our Forever Free plan users.
A quick pricing guide for all paid users
|0 - 500||$1 per month|
|501 - 1000||$1.50 per month|
|1,001 - 2,500||$3 per month|
|2,501 - 5,000||$5 per month|
|5,001 - 10,000||$7.50 per month|
|10,001 - 25,000||$15 per month|
|25,001 - 50,000||$24 per month|
|50,001 - 75,000||$38 per month|
For our monthly plan users, billing for SocialPro starts the day it's activated. We don't prorate the monthly subscription fee. After the initial charge, billing for SocialPro is rolled into your monthly payment. For pay as you go users, you are charged each month on the day that you initially activated the add-on.
Purchase and set up SocialPro
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose Account Settings.
- Click the Extras menu and choose Add-ons.
- Click the Buy button under the SocialPro heading.
- Select each list you want to enable SocialPro for.
- Click the Next button to proceed.
- Confirm the billing information for the list(s) to activate SocialPro. If you've never activated SocialPro for a list, the app prompts you to accept terms for the service.
After SocialPro is enabled for a list, allow the system anywhere between 24 hours and a week to populate SocialPro data for your subscribers. Over this time, MailChimp checks the various social networks for members using the same email addresses as they appear on your list, then reports it back in your account.
View SocialPro data
Once social data is collected for your subscribers, MailChimp populates this data in the stats for the list and also in each subscriber's profile.
View SocialPro data for a list
- Navigate to the Lists page in your account.
- Click the name of the list that has SocialPro activated.
- Click the Stats drop down and select SocialPro.
This page displays all of the data that SocialPro has been able to gather about your subscribers.
From this screen, you can view subscribers we've collected SocialPro data for and also easily send campaigns to specific segments using this data. Check out this article for how to send to SocialPro segment when setting up a new campaign.
View SocialPro data for a subscriber
- Navigate to the Lists page in your account.
- Click the title of the list your subscriber is a member of.
- Find the subscriber and click their email address to view their subscriber profile.
You can also find subscribers using our built in search feature.
In the Social profile section of the Details tab we display publicly available social data for the subscriber, including Name, Age, Gender, Company, and Social Networks tied to the subscriber's email address.
If your SocialPro stats don't look right to you, or if you're on your own list and you aren't seeing your data being pulled in, there are a few things that could be causing that. First check to make sure that SocialPro has been successfully activated for that list. You can check by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the Stats button for the list you want to check.
- Click the Stats drop down menu on the List Overview page and choose SocialPro.
- Click the Activate SocialPro button to enable SocialPro for this list if you haven't already.
- Once that's checked, if we're still not pulling in data for anyone, those subscribers may have opted out of Fliptop's services or their profile is set to private and do not have any publicly available information for Fliptop to access.
- Your subscribers may be using a different email address for list subscriptions than the one that they used to sign up for the various social networks. We are only able to pull in and populate information for the email address that they used when they signed up for your list.
- We could have old data related to your subscribers or information related to accounts that are now inactive.
- There may be a delay in pulling stats as the stats are cached so we don't overload Fliptop's API. The size of your list and the number of other requests in the queue can affect how long it takes to get this data.
If you find that the SocialPro add-on is not for you, or if you just need to take it off certain lists that you manage, you can turn off the feature in your account. If you disconnect SocialPro for a list, any previously collected SocialPro data will no longer be available for that list in the account.
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose Account Settings
- Click the Extras menu and choose Add-ons
- Under SocialPro, we display an Uninstall SocialPro button for each list on which the feature is currently active.
- Click the Uninstall SocialPro button to turn off the feature for each list.
This feature is available to users with Manager level or higher permissions. Take a look at this article to learn more about the different access levels for a MailChimp account.