This feature requires Author user level or higher.
Add a custom MailChimp campaign archive to your website and allow visitors to view your recent campaigns. There are a couple of ways to do this with a code that we provide in your MailChimp account.
Add our archive generator code to your website's HTML, and we'll add links to your recent campaigns. Or for additional control and customization, you can design and host your own custom archive page. We’ll automatically update the links in the archive when you send new campaigns.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add a custom campaign archive to your website.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This is an advanced feature and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
- This feature is compatible with both http:// and https:// sites.
- If you’re not comfortable with code, share your list’s campaign archive landing page to showcase your recent campaigns. This MailChimp-hosted campaign archive is already set up for you so you don’t have to code anything, but customization is limited to style only.
Use the Archive Generator Code
Use the archive generator code to create a Past Issues or a campaign archive section on your website. You can choose which and how many recent campaigns display on your site. You’ll organize your campaigns into a folder in MailChimp, and then paste the folder’s archive generator code on your site. The code automatically creates links to the archived campaigns in your folder.
To create an archive folder and copy the archive code, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- If your folder isn't set up already, create a folder, and add the campaigns you want to display in the archive.
- Click the
Folders drop-down menu, and click
Folder Archive Code.
- Click the name of the folder you want to display in the archive on your site.
- Click the text field, and scroll to the end of the code until you see show=10. Replace 10 with the number of campaigns you want to display on your site.
- Copy the code, and paste it in your website’s HTML where you want the archive to appear.
To match the archive’s style to your website design, you’ll need to add CSS. We recommend you reach out to a developer or MailChimp Expert, since every site’s code is different and we don’t know what will work for yours.
Host Your Own Archives
If you have access to a developer, or if you’re comfortable with code, you also have the option to host your own MailChimp archives. You can copy the HTML from the archive generator code, and move it over to your website as a new page.
If you host your own archives, search engines will index your archived campaigns, so they’ll be publicly searchable.