This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
To showcase past newsletter content and engage your new subscribers, share your recent campaigns with them.
Below, you'll learn how to re-send an old campaign and share your complete campaign archive with new subscribers.
Replicate a Sent Campaign
You can send an exact copy of an old campaign to a segment of new subscribers. To replicate a previous campaign, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the campaign you want to work with, and choose Replicate. The replicated copy opens to the Recipients step of the Campaign Builder.
To send your campaign to a segment of new subscribers who joined your list after a certain date, follow the steps below.
- On the Recipients step of the Campaign Builder, choose the list you want to send to.
- Click the Send to a group or new segment radio button to configure a new segment.
- In the first drop-down menu, choose Date added.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose is after.
- In the third drop-down menu, choose a specific date.
- Type a date in the date field, or click the calendar icon to choose a date. After you create the segment, we’ll display the number of subscribers in the segment.
- Continue through the Campaign Builder. Send your campaign now or schedule it to go out later.
Use the *|LIST:RECENT|* Merge Tag
To include links to recent campaigns in new messages, insert the *|LIST:RECENT|* merge tag in campaigns, RSS campaigns, and in signup forms and response emails. Paid account users can include this tag in a welcome message Automation for new subscribers.
Type the *|LIST:RECENT|* merge tag into one of these messages, and MailChimp will replace it with the specific campaign archive links to the five most recent campaigns sent to the list.
To control the number of recent campaigns shown, add a number to the tag. For example, *|LIST:RECENT10|* shows the 10 most recent campaigns sent to the list.