Evaluate your stats after every single email campaign you send and determine "What's normal for us?" Use your MailChimp campaign reports to find the answers, and track trends over time.
Questions to consider
- How many emails were successfully delivered?
If an abnormally high number of emails bounced, read through some email headers to find out why.
- Did people click on the links I wanted them to click?
If so, did my e-commerce activity reflect that or did I lose my sales somewhere in the website? If people didn't click on what I wanted them to, how can I change my next campaign to improve my click rates?
- How many people normally unsubscribe from each of my campaigns?
Did this campaign result in more or less unsubscribes than usual? Do I know why people are unsubscribing?
- What was my open rate for this particular campaign?
How does this compare to my normal open rate? Did anything change? Why?
- Is there any particular day or time that seems to work best for my campaigns?
- Do people still open and click my campaign, or has activity decreased?
- How much money did this campaign cost me? Did/will it pay off?