This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Often, people want to know what your newsletter will be like before they sign up to receive it. Create a sample newsletter in MailChimp so they can find out. Before you start, you'll need to create a list in your account and add your own email address to it.
Create Sample Campaign
If you've already been sending campaigns, you can share a sent campaign's archive page for your sample campaign.
A sample campaign can be made with any of our campaign types, but we suggest using the same type and method as you'll use for future sends, so people get an accurate sense of what they'll receive from you.
In this example, we'll create a Regular Campaign with the Drag and Drop editor.
- Click the
Create Campaign drop-down menu and select
- On the Recipients step, choose your list and select Group or new segment.
- Set the conditions to
Email | is | your email address, and click the
Refresh Count button.
- Click the Setup button to move to the next step.
- On the Setup step, name your campaign and give it an Email Subject. Your campaign name is for internal use only, but the subject is publicly viewable.
- Click the Next button on the Campaign Builder navigation bar to move to the Template step.
- Choose the template you want to use then click the Next button to proceed to the Design step.
- On the
add your sample content.
- Once you've completed the design on the Design step, click the Next button to go to the Confirm step.
Send Campaign to Yourself
Now that your sample content is set up, you're ready to send to send the sample newsletter to yourself.
- On the Confirm step, scan the Pre-Delivery Checklist and double check that everything is ready to go. Pay special attention to the List line to verify that the campaign is only sending to your email address and not an entire list.
- Click the Send button at the bottom of the page to send the sample newsletter to yourself.