Often, people want to know what your email campaigns will be like before they sign up to receive them. When you create a sample campaign, you can show potential subscribers exactly what to expect.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a sample email campaign to share with potential subscribers.
Before You Start
Create Sample Campaign
If you've already been sending campaigns, you can share the campaign URL for your sample campaign.
We suggest using the campaign type as you'll use for future sends, so people get an accurate sense of what they'll receive from you.
In this example, we'll create a Regular campaign with our Email Designer.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
Create an Email.
- On the Regular tab, enter a campaign name and choose a list.
- On the Recipients step, choose your list and select Group or new segment.
- Set the conditions to
Email | is | your email address, and click the
Update Recipient Count button.
- Click the Setup button to move to the next step.
- On the Setup step, name your campaign and give it an Email Subject. Your campaign name is for internal use only, but the subject is publicly viewable. By default, we'll include your email subject in your campaign URL, but you can customize the URL on the Setup step if you want.
- Click the Next button on the Campaign Builder navigation bar to move to the Template step.
- Choose the template you want to use then click the Next button to proceed to the Design step.
- On the
add your sample content.
- Once you've completed the design on the Design step, click the Next button to go to the Confirm step.
Send Campaign to Yourself
Now that your sample content is set up, you're ready to send the sample newsletter to yourself.
- On the Confirm step, scan the Pre-Delivery Checklist and double check that everything is ready to go. Pay special attention to the List line to verify that the campaign is only sending to your email address and not an entire list.
- Click the Send button at the bottom of the page to send the sample newsletter to yourself.