This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
It's common for users with Facebook Pages to want an easy way to allow their Facebook fans to sign up to their MailChimp lists. If you want to do this, you can assign forms to your Facebook Pages, and customize how the signup form appears on Facebook.
In this article, you'll learn how to add your MailChimp signup form to your Facebook Pages, customize the form, and troubleshoot issues you may come across.
Before You Start
- To set up a MailChimp signup form on your Facebook Page, you'll first need to integrate MailChimp with your Facebook account.
The Facebook signup form works just like your MailChimp double opt-in signup forms. When someone fills out the form, we'll send an email that asks them to confirm their subscription.
MailChimp signup forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook profile integrated with your MailChimp account.
Signup forms only appear on the desktop version of Facebook, and won't appear on mobile devices.
Assign Forms to Facebook Pages
After you've integrated Facebook with your MailChimp account, follow these steps to add a signup form to your Facebook page.
- Click your profile name, and choose
- Click the
Integrations option on the navigation bar.
- Click Facebook to open the integration details.
- Click the Page to use drop-down menu and choose the Facebook Page you'd like to place the signup form on.
- In the
List to use drop-down menu, choose which list's signup form you want on this Page. If you choose
no list connected, a signup form won't appear on the Page.
- Click the
yes radio button under
Use signup form tab to activate the tab on the Facebook Page. This will open additional options for the form.
- Click the Form theme drop-down menu, and choose a form style. If you choose My List's Theme (default), your signup form will look like your MailChimp-hosted signup form. If you choose Facebook-esque, your signup form will blend more into Facebook's overall look.
- Assign a name for your tab in the
Save and wait for confirmation that your changes have been saved.
Facebook visitors will now see a MailChimp signup tab on the Page. When they click the tab, they'll be able to sign up to your list.
If you need to change the list associated with your Page, just head back to the Integrations page to make any changes.
Customize Your Forms
If you want to change the theme of your signup form in Facebook, navigate to the Integrations page in your MailChimp account and choose your Facebook Page from the Page to use drop-down menu. Then pick a different theme from the Form theme drop-down menu.
To change what My List's Theme (default) looks like, customize your signup form. After you make changes to your forms in MailChimp, we'll push them over to Facebook. Refresh your Facebook Page to see the changes.
Change the MailChimp Signup Tab Image and Name
To change the image and name that shows on the MailChimp signup form tab on your Facebook Page, follow these steps.
- In your Facebook account, navigate to the Facebook Page you want to change.
- Click the
Settings tab near the top of the page.
Apps on the navigation panel.
- In the
Added Apps section, find MailChimp and click
- To change the image, click
Change next to
Custom Tab Image.
- Click the image to display the Upload Page Tab Image window.
Choose File to upload a new image. Facebook recommends an image size of 111 x 74 pixels.
The image will automatically replace the default image on your Facebook Page’s signup form tab.
- To change the tab name, type the name you want in the Custom Tab Name field in the Edit MailChimp Settings window, and click Save. If you do not edit this, Email Signup or the name you set when you added the form to the Page is used as the tab name
- Click OK on the Edit MailChimp Settings window to save all changes.
- The Facebook Page I want to place the form on isn't an option.
MailChimp forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook page integrated with MailChimp. Check with the Facebook Page owner to make sure your personal profile is set as an administrator for that Facebook Page. It's also a good idea to disconnect and reconnect the Facebook integration to make sure no steps were missed when the integration was originally set up.
- I don't see the MailChimp signup form tab on my Facebook Page.
If your Facebook Page has a lot of tabs, the signup form tab may be hidden. Rearrange tabs on your Facebook Pages so the signup tab always displays. Additionally, the signup form only appears on the desktop version of Facebook and isn't visible on the mobile app, since Facebook's mobile app doesn't support tabs.
- The wrong form displays on my Facebook Page.
Make sure the correct list was chosen from the List to use drop-down menu on the Integrations page in MailChimp.