When you use MailChimp's Ecommerce360 feature, we make it possible to track individual visitors to your website from your MailChimp campaigns, capture order information, and pass it all it back to MailChimp. From there you can view purchase details, conversions, and total sales on the Reports page in your account. You'll even be able set up segments based on your subscribers' purchase activity.
We have plugins available for most of the popular shopping carts that automatically support eCommerce360 tracking on your MailChimp account:
- 3dCart - Free
- Drupal - Free (donations appreciated)
- Magento - Free
- Miva Merchant - Free
- opencart - One-time license fee by developer
- Pinnacle Cart - Free
- Prestashop - One-time license fee by developer
- Shopify - Free
- Volusion - Postmaster - Free and monthly plans
- X-Cart - Free and paid plans
- Zencart - One-time license fee by developer
How Does It Work ?
Every campaign you want to track needs to be properly tagged by MailChimp. To set up Ecommerce tracking you'll need to navigate to the
Setup step of the Campaign Builder. Scroll down to the
Tracking section, then check the
Ecommerce360 link tracking checkbox.
MailChimp will automatically append two tags to each URL in the email campaign. They are mc_cid and mc_eid where cid is the internal MailChimp campaign id and eid is the unique, MailChimp-generated id for the list member.
You'll need to install one of the above shopping cart plugins on your site in order to track the Ecommerce data. Once installed, the plugin will listen for the MailChimp tags appended to a URL. For example in the case of this URL, http://abcxyz.com/?mc_cid=234klh2lkh234&mc_eid=reth4234lj, the site would capture the two MC variables 234klh2lkh234 and reth4234lj and add them as a site cookie to your webpage.
When a visitor to the site completes a purchase through your shopping cart, we'll attach the order details to the subscriber's profile in MailChimp for segmenting purposes. We'll also pass the purchase details back to your MailChimp campaign reports and the Top Fives chart on the MailChimp Dashboard.
Ecommerce360 data can be viewed in a few different places within your MailChimp account. We'll walk you through all of the reporting options in this article.
- You can manually set up Ecommerce360 tracking for your website! More information about that can be found in the MailChimp API docs. If you need to contact a developer for help for the Ecommerce360 tags and passing the information back to MailChimp take a look at our Experts Directory.
- Ecommerce360 can be used in conjunction with Google Analytics tracking or any other tracking option provided by MailChimp.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.