Integrate PayPal with your MailChimp account, so people are automatically added to your MailChimp list when they send you money through PayPal.
Below, you'll learn how to set up the integration.
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose
- Click the
PayPal to open the PayPal details.
- Choose a list from the drop-down menu. This is the list that your buyers will be added to and instructions will appear with specific information related to this list. Review the information that will be transmitted to the selected list. If needed, modify your list fields to match with PayPal.
- Copy the notification URL.
- Log in to your PayPal Business or Premier account.
- Hover over
Profile and select
My selling tools from the drop-down menu.
- Under the
Getting paid and managing my risk heading, click
Update next to
Instant Payment Notifications.
- If you don't currently have IPN settings for your PayPal account, you'll be prompted to choose your settings. If you already have an IPN set up for the account, you'll have the option to update the settings.
- Paste your notification URL in the Notification URL field, and verify that IPN messages are enabled.
save once you've entered the notification URL and enabled IPN messages.
As people send you money through PayPal, their transaction data will be sent to MailChimp.
- When you check the Connection Status for one of your lists, it will show "Not connected" until a successful transaction has been submitted through PayPal. At this time, connection tests require live data and financial information.
- If you've set up a shopping cart system that processes transactions through PayPal, our integration may not be the best choice for adding buyers to your list. Each PayPal transaction can have only one notification URL, and most shopping cart systems send a transaction-specific URL to PayPal so you can track payments in the shopping cart program. This overrides the MailChimp IPN needed for the PayPal account.
- Check out our Connect Directory to find an integration that can work with your shopping cart system, if it's not something you can change.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.