This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Integrate PayPal with your MailChimp account, so people are automatically added to your MailChimp list when they send you money through PayPal.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the integration.
- Click your profile name and choose
- Click the
PayPal to open the PayPal details.
- Choose a list from the drop-down menu. This is the list that your buyers will be added to and instructions will appear with specific information related to this list. Review the information that will be transmitted to the selected list. If needed, modify your list fields to match with PayPal.
- Copy the notification URL.
- Log in to your PayPal Business or Premier account.
- Click the Profile icon in the top-right corner and select Profile and settings.
- From the My Profile page, click My selling tools.
- Under the Getting paid and managing my risk heading, click Update next to Instant Payment Notifications.
- Click Choose IPN Settings. If you already have an IPN set up for the account, you'll have the option to Edit settings.
- Paste your notification URL in the Notification URL field, and select Receive IPN messages (Enabled).
- Click Save.
As people send you money through PayPal, their transaction data will be sent to MailChimp.
- When you check the Connection Status for one of your lists, it will show "Not connected" until a successful transaction has been submitted through PayPal. At this time, connection tests require live data and financial information.
- If you've set up a shopping cart system that processes transactions through PayPal, our integration may not be the best choice for adding buyers to your list. Each PayPal transaction can have only one notification URL, and most shopping cart systems send a transaction-specific URL to PayPal so you can track payments in the shopping cart program. This overrides the MailChimp IPN needed for the PayPal account.
- Check out our Integrations Directory to find an integration that can work with your shopping cart system, if it's not something you can change.
About "Buy Now" Buttons in Emails
Most email clients can't support transactional buttons like "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now." However, you add a "Buy Now" button image in the Design step of the Campaign Builder, and link it to your PayPal product page. You don't need to set up the PayPal integration for this to work.
Read PayPal's guide to learn how to add a "Buy Now" button image to your email.