SurveyMonkey has joined forces with MailChimp to make it easy for you to create a survey, send it to your list of MailChimp subscribers, and track the results.
Below, you'll learn how to set up the integration, send a survey, and review the results.
In this article:
Set Up the Integration
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose
- Click the
- Click the SurveyMonkey option.
- Click the
- You'll be prompted to grant MailChimp access to your SurveyMonkey account. Click
Authorize to proceed.
Once the integration is set up in MailChimp, you can send your survey from SurveyMonkey over to MailChimp to create a campaign. Check out SurveyMonkey's FAQs for specifics.
Send a Survey
- Once you've connected your MailChimp account to SurveyMonkey, head over to the Campaigns page in your MailChimp account and click the Create Campaign button to set up your new campaign.
- On the Template step, select the Themes templates tab.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the
- Select a SurveyMonkey template and choose the survey you'd like to send in the pop-up window.
- Customize your design and add your content on the Design step of the Campaign Builder before sending the survey to your list.
A link to the survey is automatically included in the campaign. When recipients receive the campaign, they can select the link to take the survey in a separate browser tab or window.
- While you're welcome to use any of our available templates when sending a SurveyMonkey survey, we strongly recommend using one of our predesigned SurveyMonkey templates. Using one of our SurveyMonkey AutoConnect templates is the only way SurveyMonkey results will populate in a MailChimp report.
- When replicating a campaign that contained a SurveyMonkey survey, reselect one of our predesigned SurveyMonkey templates on the Design step of the Campaign Builder. Click the Template step in the Campaign Builder, then choose the SurveyMonkey template and survey you'd like to use again. If the SurveyMonkey template is not reselected on a replicated campaign, the integration will not populate SurveyMonkey results in the MailChimp campaign report.
View the Report
After you send your campaign, view the survey results in your SurveyMonkey account or in your MailChimp campaign report. Below, you'll learn how to view the results in your MailChimp campaign report.
- Navigate to the Reports page in your account.
- Click the title of a campaign with a SurveyMonkey survey.
- Click the
Advanced option to see your survey results.
Here are a few things you should know about your SurveyMonkey results.
- The SurveyMonkey Stats overview page includes survey stats and a direct URL to the survey. When your stats update, we detail the subscribers who have started or not started and who have completed and not completed the survey. Survey stats update every 3 hours for 7 days after the campaign is sent to your list. To manually update the stats, click the Update Stats button.
- On the completed survey, started survey and have not started survey tabs, there is a Send To This Segment button. When you click the Send To This Segment button, you are taken to the Recipients step of Campaign Builder with the segment already selected. Continue through the steps of the Campaign Builder to send your campaign to the segment.
- Click the View Response button on the all recipients or completed survey tab to see individual subscriber responses to your survey. This takes you to your SurveyMonkey site.
- If you're already in SurveyMonkey, you can click on the Analyze Results tab to look at your results. You can see the number of responses for each question and a summary of answers.
Segment List by Activity
Once you send a campaign with the SurveyMonkey integration, you can create segments based on whether your recipients interacted with your survey. Segmentation options include whether subscribers have started or not started your survey, and whether they have completed or not completed it.
|Was this article helpful?||
|What can we do to improve your experience with articles like this?|
At this time, we are unable to reply to any responses, but we'll use this information to keep the site up-to-date.