This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Salesforce is a cloud-based application that allows you to manage your sales leads and contacts. Connect our built-in Salesforce integration to import Salesforce contacts to your MailChimp list, and view MailChimp campaign activity data in Salesforce.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the built-in Salesforce integration.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- If you need to import Salesforce leads, or sync list information regularly, install the MailChimp for Salesforce app through the Salesforce App Exchange instead of this integration.
- A Professional Edition Salesforce account with contacts is required to use the built-in integration.
- Before you import Salesforce contacts, make sure you’ve created a list in MailChimp.
Connect the Built-In Salesforce Integration
To get started with our built-in integration, you’ll need to connect your MailChimp and Salesforce accounts.
To connect the built-in Salesforce integration, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose
- Click Salesforce.
Connect to open the Salesforce authorization login page.
- Log in to your Salesforce account to complete the connection.
You'll return to the
Integrations page, and see a success message that shows your account is connected. That's it!
After you connect, you’ll be able to import Salesforce contacts into MailChimp and enable additional Salesforce tracking options in your MailChimp campaigns to pass subscriber activity back to Salesforce.
Import Salesforce Contacts
Contacts stored in Salesforce can be imported into a MailChimp list using the Salesforce link on the list import page. To import contacts from Salesforce to your MailChimp list, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Lists page in your MailChimp account.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with , and choose Import.
- Click Salesforce.
- Click Next.
- On the
Import from Salesforce step, choose which Salesforce fields to add to your MailChimp list.
- Check the box next to I understand that my billing plan may be automatically upgraded. Your account will only be upgraded if your list import causes your subscriber count to exceed your current billing plan.
- Click Next.
- On the You're all set to import screen, review the settings for your import.
- After you review your settings, click I mport.
Repeat the import process at any time to add new Salesforce contacts to your MailChimp list.
To update your subscribers’ information in MailChimp, import from Salesforce at anytime, check the box next to Auto-update my existing list. We’ll update each subscriber’s MailChimp profile with any changes you’ve made in Salesforce.
Pass Subscriber Data
To view MailChimp subscriber activity in your Salesforce account, enable tracking options in the Campaign Builder. If you want to see this activity in Salesforce, be sure to add any new MailChimp subscribers as Salesforce contacts before you send a campaign with tracking enabled.
Create a campaign and enable one or both of the following tracking options. When you send the campaign, we’ll transfer data to Salesforce in batches every two hours for two days.
Track Campaign Stats
Choose this option to track overall activity in a Salesforce campaign.
Track Member Activity
Choose this option to attach a note to the contact's information with their individual campaign activity, which you can view under the Notes & Attachments section in Salesforce.
Learn more about Salesforce tracking options.