This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Our built-in Salesforce integration makes it easy for you to import your list of Salesforce contacts and pass specific-subscriber data back to Salesforce from MailChimp. After connecting the integration and enabling tracking in the Campaign Builder, MailChimp passes campaign clicks and opens over to Salesforce.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up the built-in Salesforce integration.
Connecting the Integration
- Click your profile name to open the Account Panel and choose
- Click Salesforce.
Connect to open the Salesforce authorization login page.
- Log in to your Salesforce account to complete the connection. You'll be redirected to the
Integrations page, where a success message will be displayed.
Import Contacts from Salesforce
Contacts stored in Salesforce can be imported into a MailChimp list using the Salesforce link on the list import page. To import contacts from Salesforce to your MailChimp list, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Lists page in your MailChimp account.
- Click the drop-down next to the list you want to work with menu, and choose Import.
- Click the radio button next to
- Click Salesforce.
- Click Next to move on to the Import Fields step to choose which Salesforce fields to add to your MailChimp list.
- Click Next to move to the Import Subscribers step and match the columns in your Salesforce import to the columns in your MailChimp list.
- After all columns are matched and saved, click Next to review the import.
- Click Import to complete the import.
Repeat this process whenever you want to import new subscribers to your list from Salesforce. If information in Salesforce is updated and you want to import changes into MailChimp, run the Salesforce import with Auto-update my existing list checked.
Pass Subscriber Data
Once you've connected your MailChimp account to Salesforce, we'll add tracking options to the Campaign Builder to keep track of subscriber activity in your Salesforce account.
In the Campaign Builder, turn on tracking for Campaign Stats and/or Member Activity under the Salesforce tracking options. Tracking Campaign Stats will create a campaign in Salesforce and update the campaign stats for two days after a campaign is sent. Member Activity tracking attaches a note to the contact's information with their activity in a specific MailChimp campaign. Monitor these stats under the Notes & Attachments section in Salesforce.
The MailChimp integration is designed to pass campaign information and stats into Salesforce. New MailChimp subscribers must be added manually to Salesforce to track new MailChimp subscribers in Salesforce.
When you send a campaign with Salesforce tracking activated, we'll pass data back to Salesforce in batches every two hours over the course of two days.
The MailChimp for Salesforce application is available through the Salesforce App Exchange, and includes the ability to sync list information automatically.