This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Connect our built-in SurveyMonkey integration to quickly create and send surveys to your subscribers, and track the results in MailChimp.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect the integration, send a survey, and review the results.
Connect the Integration
To connect the integration, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose
Integrations in the
Account navigation bar.
- Click SurveyMonkey.
Authorize to grant MailChimp access to your SurveyMonkey account.
After you complete this process, you can send a survey from SurveyMonkey to MailChimp to create a campaign. For more information, take a look at SurveyMonkey's FAQs.
Send a Survey
After you connect your MailChimp account to SurveyMonkey, you can use a pre-designed Integrations template to add a survey to a new campaign.
To send a survey from your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign in the upper-right corner of the screen to create a Regular Campaign.
- On the Template step, click Themes.
- Click the
All drop-down menu and choose
- Select a SurveyMonkey template and choose the survey you'd like to send in the pop-up window.
- Customize your design and add your content on the Design step of the Campaign Builder before sending the survey to your list.
A link to the survey is automatically included in the campaign. Recipients can click the link to open the survey in a separate browser tab or window.
- If you don’t see your preferred survey when you choose your MailChimp template, you’ll need to navigate to to your SurveyMonkey account, and choose the Get Web Link option in the Collect Responses tab of the survey.
- While you're welcome to use any of our available templates when sending a SurveyMonkey survey, we strongly recommend using one of our predesigned SurveyMonkey templates. Using one of our SurveyMonkey Integrations templates is the only way SurveyMonkey results will populate in a MailChimp report.
- SurveyMonkey campaigns should not be replicated, because that process can break our connection and the data tracking we need to create your campaign report. We recommend you create a new SurveyMonkey campaign each time.
View the Report
After you send your campaign, you can view the survey results in your SurveyMonkey account or in your MailChimp campaign report.
To learn how to view the results in your MailChimp campaign report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Reports page in your account.
- Click the title of a campaign that includes a SurveyMonkey survey.
- Click the
Analytics360 tab to review your survey results.
Here are a few things you should know about your SurveyMonkey results.
- The SurveyMonkey Stats overview page includes survey stats and a direct URL to the survey. When your stats update, we detail the subscribers who have started or not started and who have completed and not completed the survey. Survey stats update every 3 hours for 7 days after the campaign is sent to your list. To manually update the stats, click the Update Stats button.
- On the completed survey, started survey and have not started survey tabs, there is a Send To This Segment button. When you click the Send To This Segment button, you are taken to the Recipients step of Campaign Builder with the segment already selected. Continue through the steps of the Campaign Builder to send your campaign to the segment.
- Click the View Response button on the all recipients or completed survey tab to see individual subscriber responses to your survey. This takes you to your SurveyMonkey site.
- If you're already in SurveyMonkey, you can click on the Analyze Results tab to look at your results. You can see the number of responses for each question and a summary of answers.
Segment List by Activity
You can create segments based on whether your recipients interacted with your survey. Segmentation options include whether subscribers have started or not started your survey, and whether they have completed or not completed it.