This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
MailChimp's email marketing platform centers on your list, which stores your subscribers' contact details and preferences. You'll need to create a list and its default settings before you can import existing or collect new subscribers. When you create a list, we'll automatically generate a signup form as well. You'll create and manage your list in the Lists section of your account. If you already have a list of subscribers, you can import them directly into your MailChimp list, or you can collect new subscribers with our signup forms.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a new list in your account.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- In MailChimp, lists are independent of one another, so bounces, unsubscribes, and abuse complaints are tracked on a per-list basis. As a result, we can't support global suppression lists. Learn how to create separate suppression lists.
- Email addresses that exist across multiple lists in your account will count multiple times toward the total subscriber count we use to determine your Monthly Plan.
- As an email service provider, we comply with anti-spam laws and industry standards set by internet service providers and email clients. Make sure you're familiar with our anti-spam practices and list requirements before you begin this process.
- You can create as many lists as you need, but we recommend you create one master list. For more information on how to organize your list, review our best practices for list management.
Create a List
To create a new list in your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- In the
New list or groups? box, click
- Type in the
List details in the fields provided.
- When you're finished, click Save.