This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
MailChimp's email marketing platform centers on your list, which stores your contacts’ email addresses, as well as other information. You'll need to create a list and configure its default settings before you can import or collect subscribers.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a new list in your account.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- In MailChimp, lists are independent of one another, so bounces, unsubscribes, and abuse complaints are tracked on a per-list basis. As a result, we can't support global suppression lists. Learn how to create separate suppression lists.
- Email addresses that exist across multiple lists in your account will count multiple times toward the total subscriber count we use to determine your Monthly Plan.
- As an email service provider, we comply with anti-spam laws and industry standards set by internet service providers and email clients. Make sure you're familiar with our anti-spam practices and list requirements before you begin this process.
- You can create as many lists as you need, but we recommend you create one master list. For more information on how to organize your list, review our best practices for list management.
Create a List
To create a new list in your MailChimp account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- In the
New list or groups? box, click
- Type in the
List details in the fields provided.
Review the Contact information for this list, and edit if necessary.
- Enter the email address where you’d like to receive notifications about your list, and select your notifications.
- When you're finished, click Save.