This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
Sometimes you may collect subscribers offline, like at an event or in your store. Offline collection can be tricky, because you don't always have proof of permission if someone claims they never opted into your list. Likewise, if someone signs up with bad handwriting and you input the address incorrectly, the address could bounce, which can hurt your sending reputation.
Below, you'll find information on how to convert your offline subscribers to a safer, double opt-in process.
Use Double Opt-In
- If you have an iPad or Android tablet, download our free MailChimp Subscribe application. Your visitors and guests can join your list from the app, without having to remember to locate your signup form on their device or at home. Enable double opt-in on the app, and when they check their email later, they'll have a confirmation email waiting from you. All that information is saved in MailChimp, so you'll have proof of permission.
- If you use a paper form, send an email to your signups with a link to your MailChimp signup form. The email should remind the person how they signed up to the list and offer them a chance to opt in electronically. After they fill out their form, and confirm their subscription via email, we'll add them to your list. Again, all of this activity will be tracked behind the scenes with MailChimp, so you'll have that important proof of permission.
Send Opt-In Email
Follow the steps below to send the subscription email to the potential subscribers who signed up on your paper form.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu for the list, and select
- Copy the URL in the
Signup form URL field.
- Email the subscription link to your list of addresses using your personal email provider. As individuals begin to subscribe electronically, they are added to your list along with proof of opt-in, and you can begin sending MailChimp campaigns to them.
If you already have a list you've collected offline without taking any of these steps, we recommend that you reconfirm it.