To protect against accidentally re-adding cleaned subscribers to your active list, you can import subscribers as Unsubscribed to create a suppression list. Each list in your MailChimp account is separate from the others and your suppression list won't be global, so you'll have to import suppressed addresses to each of your lists.
Below you'll learn how to set up a suppression list in your account.
Import your Suppression List
The process to add a suppression list to your MailChimp account is very similar to how you import active subscribers to a list.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the name of the list you want to work with.
- Click the Add subscribers drop-down menu and choose Import subscribers.
Upload from CSV or
Copy/Paste from Excel depending on how your subscribers are stored.
- To upload a CSV or TXT file, click Browse and choose the file from your computer. To import from Excel, copy and paste your contacts into the field provided.
- Click the Import Options drop-down menu, and choose Unsubscribed.
Upload List and we'll return you to your list.
Your suppression list has been successfully imported to the list in your MailChimp account. To view your suppression list at any time, navigate to your list, click on the Subscribed drop-down menu, and choose Unsubscribed.