This feature requires Author user level or higher.
MailChimp maintains three separate sections for each list in your account, so you can work with your active subscribers, but still retain information on the unsubscribed and cleaned addresses.
In this article, you'll learn about the unsubscribed and cleaned sections of your list.
- All Subscribers
The section of your list where we keep active subscribers. This is the only section of a list that receives campaigns, and the only section that counts towards your monthly bill.
The section of your list that contains all addresses that unsubscribed. We'll display subscribers who clicked the Unsubscribe link in a campaign, and subscribers who were unsubscribed by an admin in the account.
The section of your list that contains undeliverable addresses that we removed from your All Subscribers section.
View Sections of Your List
To view the unsubscribed or cleaned sections of your list, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the name of the list you want to work with. You'll see the active subscribers in your list.
- To view inactive subscribers, click the
All subscribers drop-down menu and choose
How to Use Your List Information
Use the unsubscribed and cleaned sections of your list to assess how and why addresses in your list become inactive. You can view this information on a per-list basis, rather than the per-campaign basis you see in your campaign reports, to help improve your marketing strategy.
Here are a few ways to use your inactive subscriber information.
- Look For Patterns
Find patterns in the inactive sections of your list to identify problem areas and determine how to move forward. For example, you might notice that a particular email service provider is resulting in a lot of bounced addresses, which may suggest an email firewall.
Segmentation is available in all sections of your list. Use segmentation to view specific sets of inactive subscribers. For example, compare your unsubscribes and bounces for contacts added to your list before a relevant date or near a certain location, to your unsubscribes and bounces for contacts added after that date or in another location.
You can export the unsubscribed or cleaned sections of your list. This can be helpful if you need to compile a report outside MailChimp, or if you maintain an external subscriber list you need to update.
- Accidental unsubscribes and abuse complaints do happen occasionally, but we don't recommend that you contact anyone in the inactive sections of your list, unless you know for sure that an error occurred.
- There aren't many major functional differences between the Cleaned and Unsubscribed sections of your list. Neither section will receive campaigns, or count towards your total subscriber count. The sections exist to help you clarify how and why email addresses were removed from All Subscribers.