This feature requires Manager user level or higher.
MailChimp for iOS makes it easy for you to manage your account on the go. Track subscriber and campaign activity, view campaign reports, and add new subscribers directly from your mobile device.
Although this app can do a lot for you, it isn't meant to replace the full version of MailChimp. If you need to do something in your account that isn't available in MailChimp for iOS, access the full version of MailChimp in a web browser.
In this article, you'll learn how to set up and navigate MailChimp for iOS.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
You must have an active MailChimp account to use the MailChimp for iOS app.
This article uses an iPhone 6 to demonstrate MailChimp’s features. Other iOS devices may render the same features slightly differently.
Depending on your user level, you may not have access to all the features in this article. Account Owners, Admins, and Managers have full access to MailChimp for iOS.
MailChimp for Shopify users will see their e-commerce data displayed at the top of the report. If you use a different e-commerce platform, your data will display on the E-Commerce tab in your report.
MailChimp is also available for Android devices.
Connect MailChimp for iOS
To sync your MailChimp account to MailChimp for iOS, follow these steps.
- Download and open MailChimp for iOS on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the the
Log In screen, input your MailChimp login credentials and tap
If you have more than one MailChimp account connected to your login, you'll be asked to choose which accounts you want to sync with MailChimp for iOS.
The mobile Dashboard is similar to what you’ll find in the desktop version of MailChimp, and is customized to your account.
The Dashboard includes three tabs:
The Explore tab displays curated recommendations for your account so you can get the most out of MailChimp’s most powerful features.
The Overview tab gives you a glimpse of your audience growth and campaign engagement. If you have a connected store, we’ll also show you e-commerce performance.
The Activity tab displays the Chimp Chatter for your account, so you can see new subscribes or unsubscribes for your lists, or campaigns that are forwarded with our Forward to a Friend link. Tap on each entry to view the details, including associated subscribers.
Lists screen, you can view all the lists in your account, and individual list statistics, subscribers, segments, and subscriber profiles.
Tap any list to view its list Overview, where you'll find your list statistics, including open and click data, and unsubscribes.
The Overview contains a lot of information, including a graph of list growth, and list management statistics.
From any list Overview screen, you can do these tasks.
- Tap the subscriber count to view all the subscribers on this list.
- Tap the 30 days tab or Today tab, to view new subscribers and unsubscribes for that time period.
- Tap any of the options under the Your Subscribers heading to sort and filter your list data: All subscribers, VIPs, Subscribers by group, Subscriber locations, and Subscriber email clients.
- Tap a subscriber's name on any subscriber list to open their subscriber profile.
The Campaigns screen displays draft and sent campaigns in your MailChimp account. Scroll down to load more campaigns or tap the Search icon on the Dashboard to search for a specific campaign. Sent campaigns display overall open and click statistics, and draft campaigns indicate their status with a DRAFT badge.
Tap any campaign to open its campaign preview and access other tasks.
From the campaign preview screen, you can do these tasks.
- Tap the Plain-Text tab at the bottom of the screen to view the plain-text version of your campaign.
- Tap Details to view your campaign's delivery date and time, email subject, and recipients.
- Tap the Export icon to share your campaign with a client or colleague.
- Tap View Report at the top of the screen to access this campaign's report.
- Send a draft campaign. To edit a draft campaign or create a new one, log into MailChimp from a web browser.
The Reports screen displays reports for your recently sent campaigns, along with the open and click rates for each campaign. Tap any campaign to view its campaign report and access other tasks.
On the report Overview screen, you'll find detailed information and statistics, including the campaign send time and a 24-hour performance graph.
From here, you can also complete these tasks.
- Tap View Campaign in the upper-right corner to open a preview of your sent campaign.
- Tap the Export icon to share reports with clients or colleagues.
- Tap any of these results to view the associated list of subscribers: Opens, Clicks, Unsubscribes, and Abuse complaints.
Tap E-commerce to view tracked e-commerce link statistics. If you use MailChimp for Shopify, your e-commerce data will display at the top of your report.
For paid users, the
Automation screen displays all of your workflows and the status of each, including
DRAFT. Tap any workflow to view its details.
On the workflow screen, you'll find your Automation details and a list of all the emails in your series. Tap any automated email to view its individual report, and access these tasks.
From the Dashboard, tap
Accounts in the upper-right corner to access your login and settings information. From here, you can search for help articles in the Knowledge Base, report an issue, or read our
You can also complete these tasks.
- Tap Connect another account to add another MailChimp account to your mobile device.
- Tap any account name to use a different connected MailChimp account.
- If you have multiple accounts already connected, tap Edit to log out of any account.
- If you're only using one account and want to log out, tap Log Out.
Apple's Handoff and 3D Touch Feature
Apple offers a couple of unique features that can be used to streamline your workflow on iOS devices.
Apple's Handoff feature allows you to begin working on one iOS device and pick up where you left off on another. Handoff is available in MailChimp for iOS version 3.5 and later. MailChimp for iOS must be installed on each compatible device you want to use.
When you're working in MailChimp for iOS on a compatible device, a MailChimp icon appears in the lower-left corner of the lock screen on your other devices. On the new device, swipe the icon up to open MailChimp for iOS, and we'll send you straight to the screen you were viewing on your other device.
Handoff uses iCloud to sync information between your iOS devices. Initially, the Handoff feature may not work on some iCloud accounts and will require that you restart a couple settings on your mobile devices. If Handoff doesn't work for you, follow these steps.
- Check that your iOS devices are compatible with Handoff.
- If your devices are compatible, open your device's Settings, and turn Bluetooth off and on again.
- You may also need to sign out of iCloud and back in again, in the Settings app for each device.
Apple's 3D Touch feature opens a Peek and Pop when you tap on an application to show you shortcuts to what's inside. 3D Touch is available on iPhone 6s and later.
To quickly add a subscriber or view your latest report, tap and push on the MailChimp Mobile app on your iOS device to open the Peek and Pop.
Now that you're familiar with MailChimp for iOS, learn how to complete common MailChimp tasks, set up widgets, and access information on your Apple Watch.